Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's this in Celsius?

Loving London, partly because it is fabulously and unexpectedly warm out! It's been 75 and sunny this whole time and it's supposed to remain fairly the same our whole trip. Take that, Los Angeles! Let's not even mention Boston. On Friday, AJ and I rendez-vous'ed at Nan's apartment in London and just spent the afternoon walking around. We stopped into Marks and Spencer to look at bras and got a little distracted.
It's Ascot season. My friend The Spartan had me bet one pound on a horse race today. I chose a horse named Fliegendehollander (get it?) and ended up winning four pounds. On Saturday, we woke up early (10 am for us) and had a heaping big breakfast of beans and toast, after which, we went to meet up with The Spartan. He and his friends took us to a pub in Richmond and then on to a Rugby game between England and the Barbarians at Twickenham Stadium.The Army did a little flag dance before the game started, which was really strange.
And the rest of the day I won't detail since it is so soaked in beverages. But the evening ended with all in high spirits. Sunday we relaxed, and Monday is a new day.

2 comments:

  1. I look hideous in this last one. I thought there were better ones. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ladies congrats on selling nan's flat - you did it and they should give you a cut.

    ReplyDelete