Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thou hast Reached Thine First Destination

I've arrived in London for just one day before I head back to the airport to go to Amsterdam tomorrow, Monday. After a harrowing moment with a malfunctioning ATM, I made it onto the train from Gatwick to Blackfriar's station, which no less than 3 people told me was open, then 4 told me was closed. Stressful, to say the least.

The only straight answer I got was from a girl working at London Bridge station who, when I asked what was the mother f*&%*#g deal with Blackfriar's being closed, cheerfully quipped "Oh no, it's just the Underground station that's closed! The train station is still working!" It seems that the entire transportation industry is confused and I feel I may have been lucky enough to have found the only live human who knew the answer.

I'm now in my best friend AJ's Grandmother's little studio flat and finally get to have a cup of tea.And a nap.

2 comments:

  1. trust me ak on leaving nannie•s little studio flat and trying to get to blackfriars station and onto a train going towards gatwick will take you at least half a day. considering that this distance is only 75 yards and done year after year in 5 mins its very disconcerting. thank god they are moving to surrey which of course will mean heathrow only connnections. fay

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugghh jealous. I miss london! have fun girl.

    ReplyDelete