Monday, May 25, 2009

OOO OOO OOO

I arrived this afternoon in Amsterdam to heralds of "Thank you, Ms. Kalinoovski, have a nice day." The Dutch people seem to be able to correctly pronounce the 'w' in my name as a 'v', and yet are mysteriously adding an 'o'.
I took the train to The Hague to meet my friend Caroline Bruker.
And once there went to her really cute apartment whereupon i discovered that the shower is in the living room, and the toilet is in a closet.
"This is very typically Dutch," said Caroline. The door closes so close to the toilet, you may as well just leave it open.
She and her roommates and her boyfriend and I cooked a delicious dinner of.....burritos. I come all the way to the Hague on a glorious adventure and what do I make? Guacamole. Hoping to encounter new culinary frontiers, I'm set to mashing up avocados and squeezing limes. Maybe I should have just gone to L.A. and finally eaten all of the Tacos Por Favor I've been craving.
Our plans to go out on the town were foiled by an incredible thunderstorm, which of course merited a good romp through the empty streets in bathing suits, since it's so warm outside.
Apparently you can get ticketed for lack of pants in public. So the adventure was short-lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment